Competitive salary + generous benefits package
Job background/brief overview
The Daily Mile Foundation (TDM) is a charity supported by INEOS, established in 2016 and with the aim of encouraging primary schools and nurseries to take children outside running for 15 minutes every day. This is with the aim of improving physical, emotional and wellbeing of all children, regardless of circumstances. This ambitious charity today has over 13,785 schools across 85 countries participating, equating to over 3 million children completing The Daily Mile a day.
The successful candidate will work strategically with partnerships and organisations to create a sustainable model for The Daily Mile to be implemented across England. This will be achieved through a combination of communications, publicity, and successful partner development in order the meet the objective of increasing the number of schools participating in The Daily Mile across England.
Principle Accountabilities of the role:
The successful applicant’s duties will include but are not limited to:
- Engagement and partnership working with several key educational, sport ad physical activity partners including, Sport England, UK Athletics, London Marathon and others promoting the vision of The Daily Mile and providing support to key stakeholders.
- Working strategically through the 43 Active Partnerships across England to increase the number of schools participating in The Daily Mile and ensuring sustainability.
- Support The Daily Mile Brand Manager and The Daily Mile Events Manager with campaigns and national and regional events.
- Create opportunities to connect with Commonwealth Games Birmingham 2022 to engage with schools to generate a pre and post Games legacy.
- Be part of The Daily Mile Research Advisory Group providing insight to on the ground delivery of The Daily Mile across England.
- Degree Level desirable
- Understanding and good knowledge of the public and private sector landscape across England, including health, sport and educational landscape (Essential)
- Experience in project management, either in event delivery, NGBs or charity sector (Essential)
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Self-managing, display initiative, engage in proactive behaviour, seize opportunities and demonstrate continuous self -improvement.
- Provide effective influencing and persuasion skills when dealing with current and new partners
- Play a pivotal role in working together within The Daily Mile Foundation and offer advice and guidance to co-workers
We are only able to consider candidates who are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Please apply and submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.